The mission of the Inver Grove Heights B.E.S.T. Foundation is to raise and award funds for post-secondary scholarships to Simley High School graduates.
– The application form, Data Release Form-Simley, 2016 Recommendation Form(s) and Scholarship Criteria Essay(s) are to be submitted by 3 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2016! There are NO EXCEPTIONS to 3 p.m. Monday, March 7, 2016, due date.
– Some scholarships require a “Recommendation” from faculty &/or staff, clergy &/or community member(s). Please ask for “Recommendation(s)” EARLY in this application process. Recommendations MUST be submitted using the 2016 Recommendation Form. Hard copy or emailed recommendations will NOT be accepted. http://goo.gl/forms/6X5f9QrEzM
– Some scholarship criteria require a brief essay. Meeting essay(s) criteria could earn $500-$5000 in scholarship funds.. Submit your essay using the 2016 Scholarship Essay Criteria Form. The 2016 Scholarship Essay Criteria Form allows you to copy/paste constructed responses into it drafted from Word or Google Drive document. http://goo.gl/forms/YShHvXTxX6
– This Scholarship Application Form needs to be completed in ONE session for your answers cannot be saved and then restored. Please plan for 60 minutes to complete this application. It would be helpful to complete the IGH BEST Foundation Activities Worksheet prior to completing this application. IGH BEST Foundation Activities Worksheet
-If applying for scholarship(s) with a financial need requirement, you MUST provide the EFC or Estimated Family Contribution number information from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. The FAFSA application must be completed FIRST, prior to this 2016 Scholarship Application. The FAFSA application is found at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The EFC or Estimated Family Contribution number code is posted in your FAFSA email confirmation. Enter your EFC number code in this application.
-ALL scholarship criteria(s) is submitted online: (A) 2016 B.E.S.T. Application Form, (B) Data Release Form, (C) Recommendation(s) Form (D) Essay Criteria(s) Form. If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
– When documenting Simley High School Experiences, Activities, Honors, Awards, Service Learning, Volunteering and/or Employment, PLEASE follow the example(s) provided in the application.
-An electronic signature on Data Release Form is required for Simley High School to release certain student academic data to the B.E.S.T. Foundation. This information is necessary for use in assessing the criteria needed for many scholarships. If you (the student) will be 18 years old on or before March 7, 2016, you may sign your data release form. If you are not yet 18 years old on March 7, 2016, your parent or guardian will need to electronically sign the data release form. http://goo.gl/forms/vE43vNKK0j
-For scholarship specifics and details, reference the online 2016 B.E.S.T Scholarship Booklet. Scholarship criteria must be met for scholarships to be awarded. Scholarship Booklet 2016
2016 Scholarship Essay(s) Form B.E.S.T Foundation
2016 Scholarship Application
Data Release Form
2016 Recommendation Form
2016 B.E.S.T Scholarship Booklet
Dorothy Taylor was the Chairperson of the Physics Department and Hazel Rothlisburger was the Chairperson of the Math Department at Iowa College in the mid 1960s. Both women were influential in encouraging women, in particular, to pursue careers in the “true sciences” of chemistry, physics and biology.
In the spirit of Taylor and Rothlisburger, the Inver Grove Heights B.E.S.T. Foundation invites you to apply for this scholarship, which is established by residents of Inver Grove Heights to provide financial assistance to a young woman in her third year of college. The applicant must be in a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree Program, Full-time student in good academic standing and must provide an official transcript. The applicant must provide a recommendation from her college advisor/professor. First preference is given to a student with a declared major in secondary education who will become a teacher of physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science or biology. Second preference is given to a student with a declared major in physics or mathematics. Third preference is given to an applicant who has received this scholarship previously.
One final reminder the Due Date and Time is: 3 p.m. Monday, March 7, 2016 – NO Exceptions.
Submit: (1) Taylor-Rothlisburger Memorial Scholarship Application Form,
(2) email to firstname.lastname@example.org a pdf copy of your most recent College/University transcript/Student Academic Record
(3) Advisor/Professor Recommendation Form submitted.
Taylor Rothlisberger Scholarship Application-
Taylor Rothlisberger application form: http://goo.gl/forms/Z1I9W8zu2k
Taylor Rothlisberger recommendation form: http://goo.gl/forms/79DHUOsBEw
Break out your favorite Mardi Gras mask and enjoy delicious Bourbon Street Fare at this years Dinner and Silent Auction on Saturday, March 12th, 2016.
5:00 PM ~ Cocktail and Carnival Hour
6:00 PM ~ Bourbon Street Dinner Buffet with Live Music and Entertainment throughout the evening.
Ongoing all evening: Silent Auction
Attached is the 2016 Dinner and Silent Auction Invitation please share it with your friends and neighbors!
The Inver Grove Heights B.E.S.T Foundation Scholarship Reception was held on Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in Cahill Court.
124 Scholarships were awarded to Simley Seniors, with awards totalling over $184,000!
Congratulations to the class of 2015!
Attached is the 2015 Awards Booklet.
The IGH BEST Foundation Scholarship Awards Reception was held on Wednesday, May 28, at 6:30 p.m. in Cahill Court.
120 scholarships totaling $160,250 were awarded to Simley Seniors.
Congratulations Class of 2014!
Download a color version of the 2014 Scholarship Awards Book- 2014 Awards Booklet
118 Scholarships valued at over $144,000 were awarded to Simley Seniors.
Congratulations to all of the recipients!
Attached is the 2013 Awards Brochure- 2013 Awards Booklet final
Wednesday, May 30th, at 6:30 PM in Cahill Court, 117 scholarships totaling over $160,000 were awarded to Simley Seniors at the Inver Grove Heights BEST Foundation Scholarship Awards Reception.
Congratulations to the class of 2012!
Attached is the Inver Grove Heights BEST Foundation Awards Book for the class of 2012 Scholarship Recipients.